Attention Re: COVID 19 Virus (Coronavirus) Response

  • Please note – May courses remain online. All courses from June resume onsite delivery. 
  • For online courses, please log on 10 minutes prior to your course start time. For on site courses, please ensure you arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the course. You will be required to go through COVID screening questions at the Concierge station. 

We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Proof of ID

We are required to evidence your ID so you must present with photo ID at each session.

Below is the VicRoads approved ID and documents categories to assist you to present with the right amount of ID documentation

VicRoads – Types of approved identity documents

Category A documents

Category A documents need to show your family name, first name and your date of birth. The documents need to be current or expired by no more than two years.

Acceptable Category A documents

  • Australian photo driver licence or learner permit photo card.
  • Victorian marine licence photo card.
  • Victorian firearm licence photo card.
  • Victorian Security Guard/Crowd Controller photo card.
  • Australian passport.
  • An overseas passport (If expired by more than two years it is acceptable if accompanied by a current Australian visa).
  • Document of identity issued by the Passport Office (usually issued to travellers to Norfolk Island).
  • Australian police force officer photo identity card.
  • Consular photo identity card issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
  • Full Australian birth certificate issued by a Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (Note: Birth extracts and Commemorative birth certificates are not accepted).
  • Australian naturalisation or citizenship certificate, or a Document for Travel to Australia or an ImmiCard, issued by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship or the Passport Office.
  • NSW Photo Card (issued by NSW RMS after 14 December 2008).
  • Birth card (issued by NSW RMS prior to August 2008).

Category B documents

One of the following documents that is current.

  • State or federal government employee photo ID card.
  • Medicare card.
  • Department of Veterans Affairs card.
  • Pensioner Concession card.
  • Current entitlement card issued by the Commonwealth.
  • Student identity card.
  • Any Australian or overseas credit card or account card from a bank, building society or credit union.
  • Working with Children Check card.
  • Australian Proof of Age card.
  • Australian Keypass card.
  • Australian Defence Force photo identity card (excluding civilian staff).


VicRoads – Types of approved identity documents

One of these documents that is current or no more than one year old (electronic statements on a device (eg mobile phone or tablet) and Internet printed statements are acceptable):

  • passbook or bank account statement showing the institutions letterhead or stamp
  • telephone, gas or electricity bill showing the institutions letterhead or with a stamp
  • letters from ATO, Centrelink, Bank and Medicare showing institutions letterhead or stamp.


One of these documents that is current or no more than two years old:

  • water rates, council rates or land evaluation notice
  • electoral enrolment card or other evidence of enrolment
  • Armed services discharge papers
  • current Victorian Driving Authority photo identity card.

Evidence of Victorian residence

You will need one of the following documents if your Victorian residential address is not shown or is different on your Category A or Category B evidence documents:

  • contract of sale, lease, or rental document that shows your current address
  • current renewal notice for a driver licence or vehicle registration
  • Australian Taxation Office Assessment (last or current financial year)
  • a different Category A or Category B document that shows your current address.

If you still cannot establish evidence of your Victorian residence, you must provide a referee statement which must:

  • be signed by a Victorian driver licence holder who has known you for 12 months or more, and includes the referee’s name, licence number and signature.

This statement can be made on the learner permit or licence application form.

Evidence of change of name

You will need one of the following documents if your name is different on the Category A and Category B evidence documents.

  • Marriage certificate issued by a Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Australia.
  • Divorce papers (showing the name being reverted to).
  • Deed Poll (issued prior to November 1986 in Victoria).
  • Change of name Certificate (issued on and after November 1986 in Victoria).