Our Drink Drug Drive courses are held at Frankston on the Mornington Peninsula.
The VicRoads Behaviour Change Program has been designed by a multi-disciplinary panel of experts in clinical and forensic psychology, alcohol and other drugs, offender management, group behaviour change programs and road safety. The program has also been informed by international best practice principles and through the engagement of existing providers and participants.
The type of course you need to complete depends on the details of your offence.
You will have received a letter Vic Roads with information about enrolling in the right program. Please refer to this letter when booking your Behaviour Change Program course.
If you have not received a letter or if you’re not sure about which course to complete, please contact Driver Relicensing Services on 1300 723 790.
Program Goal and Objectives
The goal of the behaviour change program is to reduce the likelihood of participants engaging in drink and or drug driving behaviour in the future.
A group behaviour change approach is used within the program to assist participants to:
- share their drink/drug driving story
- identify the motivators for their drink/drug driving and others
- explore their alcohol/drug use
- explore the effects of alcohol/drugs generally and on driving
- explore their values
- explore the consequences of their drink/drug driving
- explore the benefits for them to not drink/drug drive again
- identify a support network to help reduce future drink/drug driving
- develop an action plan to help them to not drink/drug drive